Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Springtime Chica

This Spring we have all been very busy, but we've still managed to make time for the essentials.... Like helping Ava develop her sweet tooth. She's coming along nicely in this area.

Working on her dance skills. You should see this girl twirl. This was her Easter dress from Grandma Kirk.


Easter Morning began bright and early with eager beaver Ava as the alarm clock. "Where's my Easter Basket?"

Actually it was her mom who was most excited about the Easter Basket. It's funny how we tend to spoil our kids with toys and presents during holidays like this when they are perfectly happy with an empty box.


We had an indoor Easter Egg Hunt because of the pouring rain. Ava was so stoked to find each egg. She even discovered that she could find eggs in her cousins' Easter Baskets. The baby gets away with everything...
Playing with Cousin Abby at Grandma's. I made this dress for her and I am very proud of myself.

The old Easter Candy Trade with the cousins. I helped Ava with her bartering skills. I happen to love those bubble gum Easter eggs that no one else seems to care for, so I think we scored big time. We also swindled some Reese's...my, I mean, Ava's fave.


So we have lots of ducks that live around us. Of this fact I am not a fan. If you came to visit us, you might think it's so cute and quaint that we have ducks waddling and quacking around all the time, but it won't take you long to agree with me that they are somewhat, uh, nasty. However, Spring does bring lots of cute little ducklings and even I have to admit that it's fun to watch them toddle around after their mothers. They also make good entertainment for Ava. She is like Little Bo Peep out there, except she herds little ducks instead of sheep. You can't see them very well in the picture, but this little duck herder has 6 ducklings to watch over. Sadly, Ava and the mother duck have not been doing so great a job because there are only 2 ducklings left these days. While it's sort of sad to see the little guys disappear one by one, I can't help but think, "that's one less nasty old duck we'll have around here next year."

Ava's getting so big. I can't believe she can swing on a big kid swing without toppling over.


She loves playing on all the old toys at Grandma's House.
Ava and her Daddy out for a day in the sun. She loves to give him kisses on the cheek.

Happy Spring everyone!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Awesome job on the dress! Great pictures :) Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love that Easter dress AND the dress you made. SO DARLING! What a cute girl!

Love you!

KPackard said...

Aw, that little Ava is so cute! I'm so glad you posted again--it was fun to see all the pictures and hear about your holiday. Nice work on the dress, btw!

And I love ducklings! But I totally understand--lots of squishy green poo and toddling kiddos is not a good mix. Miss you guys!

Bonnie Weeks said...

I'm proud of the dress you made, too! Also, I love how willing BJ is to have family photo sittings all the time.

Chris and Devrey said...

I loved her Easter dress:) She is so cute and has such a sweet little personality, Becky! You need to post more often!! lol loves:)